Your Customer Service department is the front line for your company. They are the image that your customers see and hear. Datavo put together a list of 10 tips that every customer service department can use to be better and keep their customers loyal.
1. Smile and Posture. Always make sure to sit up and smile when taking any calls.
2. Be Authentic. If you have a script that you read, make sure to not sound like you are reading. Make sure you are listening and responding properly.
3. Be Gracious. Always thank your customers for calling, especially if they have a complaint. You may be able to fix the problem and gain their loyalty.
4. Listen and Repeat. Make sure to confirm what the customer has told you so that you are sure you clearly understand their needs. This will also make the customer more confident in your ability to handle their problem.
5. Stay Confident. The person that is the most certainty leads the conversation. Make sure you give off the feeling that everything will be okay and you are in control.
6. Put in Extra Effort. Customers will appreciate and be loyal to you if they feel you have gone above and beyond what the expected.
7. Own the Call. When it is possible try not to transfer the customer to anyone else, people don't like having to repeat what they have just went over with you.
8. Stay Honest. If you do not know something, don't lie. Tell them you are not sure but you will be following up on it and will have an answer for them shortly. Make sure to follow through and provide them with the answer.
9. Train Properly. Make sure all of your employees that have customer interactions have basic communication skills.
10. Apologize, Fix It and Move On. Make sure to always apologize when something goes wrong then fix it. Customers tend to remain loyal and be forgiving when you are able to fix their problems quickly.
Feel free to leave any tips in the comments that we may have left out.