Do you know of any stupid laws in your area? California has quite a few and we here at Datavo put a list of them together for your enjoyment.
- Sunshine is guaranteed to the masses.
- Women may not drive in a house coat.
- No vehicle without a driver may exceed 60 mph.
- Ice cream may not be eaten while standing on the sidewalk. (Carmel)
- Peacocks have the right to cross any street, including driveways. (Arcadia)
- Nobody is allowed to ride a bicycle in a swimming pool. (Baldwin Park)
- You are not permitted to wear cowboy boots, unless you already own two cows. (Blythe)
- Bowling on the sidewalk is illegal. (Chico)
- Men who wear mustaches are forbidden from kissing women. (Eureka)
- You may not hunt moths under a street light. (Los Angeles)
- It is illegal to set metal balloons afloat in the air. (Los Angeles County)
- It is illegal to molest butterflies. (Pacific Grove)
- Elephants are prohibited from walking down Market Street unless they are on a leash. (San Francisco)
- Persons classified as "ugly" may not walk down any street. (San Francisco)
- One must not leave sand in their own driveway. (Walnut)
So what did we learn from these laws today? Sunshine is guaranteed (even if it rains). Always stop for pedestrian peacocks, keep your elephant on a leash, and buy a flashlight so that you can hunt down those rogue moths!
Feel free to leave any laws we missed in the comments section.